Friday, April 18, 2008

Where have you been?

On the phone and at my desk, mostly. I went to a fantastic training event on Thursday, and that was tremendously helpful. Also got to spend some time in the car with three of my favorite Decatur agents, Rob and Becky Vinson of The Vinson Group, and Emilie Markert, who has been Markerting Decatur since the 1980's. I felt very lucky to get to hang out with such wonderful people, who also happen to be excellent agents. I just try to soak up as much wisdom as I can.

In other news, does anything beat a Chick-Fil-A sandwich? I've had two this week and I seriously can't think of much I like better. Also, Decatur has a new Mexican restaurant, El Tesoro. It's on Church Street where Jakes Ice Cream was a few years ago. I usually have an immediate bias against Mexican restaurants that do not provide complimentary chips and salsa, but I gave this place a try anyway. I was very happy with it. I got The Burro with black beans and Andy got the salad with pork. Mine was good, but his was stunning. The chips and salsa were plentiful and included 2 very different salsas, for under $2. So, I'm not too mad about that. We had excellent, helpful, speedy service. I recommend that you try it for yourself.

No comments: