Saturday, April 5, 2008

What did I tell you?

Special thanks to Jared, who last night at the show said, "So, what do you do all day?" I never expected blogging to pay off so quickly!

Today is all about preparing for tomorrow's open house. First, I've got to run over and make sure everything is in shape to have it, then I can get started with staging and preparation. This house is fantastic, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths in delightful Inman Park. It's been going through a pretty significant renovation from a duplex back to a single family home for the past 15 months. It has custom cabinets and granite in the kitchen, a huge back deck, enough yard for kids or a dog to be happy, and a fantastic front porch - with a swing! I love it, but it has had some hard times getting finished. So, even though it is not in tip top shape I'm hoping to have it open tomorrow between 3 and 5 pm. Stop by and see me at 738 Lake Avenue, right at the bottom of Waddell Street.

What does "not in tip top shape" mean? Well, it still needs light fixtures and some shower/bath fixtures, there are cans of paint in the closets, and there's some construction stuff in the back yard that needs to be hauled to the dump. It also doesn't have appliances yet. But, I think there might be some folks who would rather pick out their own appliances and light fixtures, so if a buyer came along tomorrow it might be a win-win for everyone.

Have I mentioned that I really like open houses? I'm usually exhausted by the end because it takes all of my extrovert energy to be outgoing and hospitable for a 2+ hours, but I have met some of the nicest people at open houses, agents and buyers. I think everyone who walks through the doors of an open house is looking for the best in that house. It might not be the right house for them, but everyone is hoping to see something interesting or innovative to add to their house-hunting knowledge. There's just good energy there, plus, sometimes you sell the house!

No comments: