Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How should I behave in a crosswalk?

Here's a free tip - when driving through downtown Decatur, particular by Starbucks, you should stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk. The Decatur police are getting serious about it, so watch yourself. They'll also pull you over for not wearing a seatbelt. And by "pull you over" I mean that they will blow their very loud wistle at you, and everyone will stare. I'm a habitual seatbelt wear-er, and I am often a pedestrian so I like to stop for them as well. But, the rest of you folks should watch it.

And, while I'm on the subject of pedestrians. Please cross at crosswalks. And, if you're at an intersection with a light, please don't go when the people in the turn lane get their green arrow. You'll get your turn in about 3o seconds, but by then it will be too late for the people in the turn lane to go. I'm talking to those of you who are crossing between Atlanta Bread Company and Rue De Leon at Church Street. Yes. You. Wait for the little walking man, please.

No comments: